Wednesday, March 20, 2013

AQUAPHILE



I bought Sophia her first inflatable pool back in March of 2011. It was a spur of the moment decision. I decided to get it for her because it was summer, and awfully hot. I figured Sophia could use her very own pool when she needed a dip.


Unfortunately, after two years, her pool mysteriously acquired big holes and couldn't hold water anymore. 


Sophia and her first pool back in 2011


On some days, Sophia couldn't tolerate the hot weather and looked for ways on how to cool herself down. Since her pool's obviously unusable, Sophia's stuck to the bathroom.


One scorching afternoon, I saw her happily splashing water inside a large water container. Baby's got an improvised pool! Smart kid.


Sophia inside the big drum


Yesterday, I bought Sophia an inflatable pool. (On impulse, may I add.) Who wouldn't when your kid kept coming back to the store and peering at the inflatable pools on display? She knew she wanted it. I knew she needed it.  So I bought it.


Her new inflatable pool looks just like the one she had before, only a little bigger.




Sophia's own resort at the rooftop


People with autism are naturally drawn to water. They love the physical sensation on their skin. They get fascinated with the patterns and ripples made by water. For children with autism, water calms them down and relaxes them.


Sophia has gone through several phases with water. Now, she just can't have enough of it.


This afternoon, I had her take a soak. I just filled the pool up then let her do her thing. I watched from afar while she splashed, played and giggled like crazy. Her laugh filled my head and her smile's all I could see. The look on her face was priceless.







One thing I know is, even if I do something crazy for Sophia, as long as it puts a smile on her face, it's all worth it. Her happiness is priceless. As a mother, that's what's most important to me. Even if it means spending my last money for a mere inflatable pool. ♥










No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say?